To edit text in an Adobe Illustrator (AI) file:
1. Open the AI file in Adobe Illustrator.
2. Locate the text you want to edit on the canvas. It will likely be in a text box or as part of a text object.
3. Select the Text tool from the toolbar on the left side of the screen. It looks like a “T.”
4. Click on the text you want to edit. This should create a text cursor within the text box.
5. Delete the existing text or simply start typing to replace it with your desired text.
6. You can also adjust the font, size, color, and other text properties using the options in the Control panel at the top of the screen.
7. Once you’re done editing, you can save your changes by going to File > Save.
If you’re having trouble locating the text or navigating the interface, here are some additional tips:
– Use the Zoom tool (magnifying glass icon) to zoom in on the canvas if the text is small or hard to read.
– If you can’t find the text, try looking in the Layers panel on the right side of the screen. Text elements are often organized into layers.
– Don’t hesitate to explore different menus and panels in Illustrator to familiarize yourself with the interface. You can always undo any changes you make if needed.
I hope this helps you edit the text in your AI file. If you have any further questions or need clarification on any step, feel free to ask!